Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Poppy Seed Lemon Cake

the butter was salted and I forgot the flour at first, and I soaked the poppy seeds in a bunch of stuff, including milk. Possibly just the milk should have been done, but the lemon juice compensated for the fact that I had only one lemon worth of zest. 

The poppy seeds retain their crunch even after being soaked for a while, and it makes the cake less dry than the original recipe (which is otherwise great, as I know from when Carolyn and other guests came over last Friday and she brought one over.)

Osya helped me make it.

Cake to commemorate Yulka leaving for the Netherlands on the 18th for a semester abroad! When we bake (which, admittedly, is rare) we usually make lemony things, so while she didn't make or eat this cake, this is for her <3

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww. You're sweet <3 Wish I could try it!! When you come back from college and I'm back too, we're making this again. And eating it. All up. Ok. I'm going to go continue packing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart presentation! never mind WHAT, but HOW.
    Love you, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete